[tex-live] packages with characters > 127

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Thu Dec 31 13:05:44 CET 2009

Taco Hoekwater a écrit :
> This is done by loading an extra package (I forget which one), but
> I think it would is not so good if that package has to be loaded just
> to be able to use another package (as such a package may well use
> another encoding than the author's document),

The name is luainputenc. A package author could, in theory, make sure
luainputenc is loaded, temporarily change the encoding for reading its .sty
file, and switch back to whatever encoding was previously selected. But...

> so in my opinion it be
> best if package authors would stay away from 8-bit encodings if they
> want to be optimally portable to luatex. Just my 2c.

... maybe sticking to either ascii is simpler, and sufficient for most cases.

Manuel.