[tex-live] Message from tlmgr during update

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Mon Dec 28 16:40:59 CET 2009

Hi,

On Mo, 28 Dez 2009, R (Chandra) Chandrasekhar wrote:
> skipping forcibly removed package background

> Is this intended behaviour or have I done something wrong during
> installation or update? Please advise.

Well intended it is in some way ... Did you reject some upgrades,
or removed some things, or did some upgrade break? In these
cases the problem can persist.

If you simply want to get rid of the warning, update to the
newest tlmgr
	tlmgr update --self
followed from
	tlmgr update --all --reinstall-forcibly-removed

That should fix the problem.

Best wishes

Norbert
JAIST, Japan            TU Wien, Austria           Debian TeX Task Force