[tex-live] segfault on mac after using perl/tk from macports

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 27 00:43:16 CET 2009

2009/12/26 Geoffrey S. Knauth <geoff at knauth.org>:
> - The Windows 7 install is still in Limbo on my kids' machine.  ("Perl.exe has stopped working.")
>  I tried the data execution permissions thing--no joy.
>  I tried Strawberry Perl.  Windows 7 wouldn't run that either.  Just strange.  Maybe BitDefender antivirus?

As much as I would like to help you, there's no way of telling what's
wrong. Some security software or games could be potential candidates
but that's just guessing. If you can't google anything relevant, all I
can suggest is to nuke that system and start fresh (might be a good
idea anyway, it's not normal when regular programs like Perl cease to
work). You could also give MiKTeX a go. It's not dependent on Perl, so
maybe it will work.

Cheers,

Tomek