[tex-live] Should .tds.zip be encouraged? (was: characters > 127 in .dtx and .sty files)

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Sat Dec 26 16:09:05 CET 2009

Lars Madsen <daleif at imf.au.dk> wrote:

> Karl Berry wrote:
> >     I'd relly like to see biblatex packaged as a tds.zip.
> >
> > As soon as the biblatex author gives the ok, it will be in TL.
> >
> > Last time I talked with Philipp (in May) he was hoping to have 0.9 done
> > in July ...
>
> I know, but there might be many more testers if it was available as a
> tds.zip

why bother?  i don't believe there's anyone on this list who's likely to
take any action on your suggestion.  (i might have been moved to do so
if i knew enough about biblatex to be sure i wasn't misclassifying
things, but i've only read bits of the doc, never used it.)

you might get further by urging philipp to provide such a file at his
next upload...

but then, the next upload may be the fabled 0.9, and may come in
parallel with a working biber, and the whole ballgame will have changed.

robin