[tex-live] bbding10 pfb font

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 20:31:55 CET 2009

2009/12/16 Robin Fairbairns <Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk>:
> Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> wrote:
>
>> while debugging a bug submitted to Debian I realized that
>>       bbding10
>> does not have a pfb font. Well, there is one, in the niceframe package
>> but in TeX Live this is somehow stripped away. On CTAN there is bbding10.pfb.
>>
>> Does anyone have an idea where the pfb font is coming from, and why
>> it is not included in the bbding package?

This is the problem if the Type 1 fonts were not created by the
designer of the original font but someone else. I think that this is
not the only case. For instance, Karel Piska converted fonts of many
Indic scripts to Type 1. I am afraid they are not even on CTAN. He
allowed me to include his Devanagari fonts in the Velthuis Devanagari
package, so I acknowledge hin in the manual and the Type 1 fonts are
included. I doubt that people know about other Indic fonts he has
created.

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/