[tex-live] PS-View as Standard Application for PDF?

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 5 16:18:23 CET 2009

2009/12/5 Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at>:

> Ah yes, that is a good point. AFAIU (and my knowledge of Windows is
> quite limited) this is actually the case. If you install as user only
> HKCU is used. But you are right, we should probably check in the
> user case also HKLM. I don't know enough whether there is a unified
> way for checking so that you get the association from whichever place
> where it is defined, but that would be the best solution.

AFAIK, there isn't such a way. We have to check both hives.

Until this is fixed, it is possible to disable file associations
through one of tlmgr options. It is also possible to add/remove file
associations only for chosen packages with (command line only):

  tlmgr postaction [--w32mode=user|admin] [--fileassocmode=1|2]
[install|remove] fileassoc [pkg]...

see tlmgr --help for more details.

Cheers,

Tomek