[tex-live] PS-View as Standard Application for PDF? [OT]

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 4 21:05:24 CET 2009

2009/12/4 Lars Madsen <daleif at imf.au.dk>:

> while looking at configurations, would it be possible to change the default
> texworks configuration such that it used 'pdflatex' as the default instead
> of 'pdftex'. It confuses a lot of students

I suggested that already on the TW list a long time ago but without
much success it seems. We can't change it in TL, because TW
configuration is created automatically on the first run, we don't ship
it ourselves (and generally we prefer to avoid modifying the upstream
software as much as possible).

In conclusion, please pester TW developers about this :) And while I'm
at it, pester them also about the default colours for syntax
highlighting - red for comments is really bad.

Cheers,

Tomek