[tex-live] TeXLive2009: XeLaTeX: Undefined control sequence with mag!=1000

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Fri Dec 4 13:00:05 CET 2009

Am Fri, 4 Dec 2009 12:04:00 +0100 schrieb Heiko Oberdiek:

>>> Maybe it'd be best to change geometry.cfg to use the dvipdfm
>>> driver. I'm not sure what other interactions that may have,
>>> though.
>>
>> \pdfpagewidth and \pdfpageheight are not set with this driver.
>
> It writes \special{papersize=...}. Hoewever the dimensions are
> already magnified. XeTeX then magnifies them again, dvipdfm(x)
> does not. I don't know whether this is intended or a bug
> of XeTeX.

Well I once investigated a bit on how the different engines set
magnification and how this interfere with pdfpagewidth +
true-size-settings
(e.g.
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.text.tex/msg/0e433ab85cd02250
http://tug.org/mailman/htdig/xetex/2008-February/008419.html +
following)

and decided at the end that it is best to avoid \mag settings ;-)

--
Ulrike Fischer