[tex-live] Catalogue sources

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Mon Aug 31 01:37:49 CEST 2009

Alexander Cherepanov <cherepan at mccme.ru> wrote:

> On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 00:26:00 +0100, Robin Fairbairns <Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> > i've now rearranged the rsync module so that it doesn't provide the
> > author addresses.
>
> It seems you've just excluded authors file? Will you return it after
> deleting email addresses from it?

i have no intention of doing that.  the copy that's used has other uses
too, which would be prevented by mucking about with any files.

> As an illustration of usefulness of authors file: html page for 12many
> ( http://tug.ctan.org/pkg/12many ) is missing and I guess the reason
> for this is a lost entry for auth:uschwarz .

the file names are also html entity names (no particular reason -- they
just are), and may not therefore start with a digit.  12many is
catalogued as one2many.

however, whether or not there's an authors file on the repository copy
that rsync presents, jim's files are generated from his own copy, as are
mine.  i actually have 4 copies (two inside our firewall, the one you
see via rsync, and one here at home).  they present an identical set of
files, on their own file system.

robin