[tex-live] Feature request: show package size, exclude option

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sat Aug 29 17:43:18 CEST 2009

On Sa, 29 Aug 2009, Uwe Siart wrote:
> Will it be safe to apply --exclude to a package that is scheduled for
> auto-install? I'd expect that the respective package is considered

No, that will not work. It is only for updates (currently)

On Sa, 29 Aug 2009, Uwe Siart wrote:
> Hmmm ... cogitating a little bit longer about this I now think it would
> better (more intuitive) if the respective package was excluded in *this*
> update but scheduled again for auto-install in the next call of update
> --all.

Impossible due to the reason new packages are determined (from a combination
of: collection is old locally, new remotely, package is new, package is
in collection on server but not mentioned locally. Now if you update
the collection the status of the formerly "new" package changes to
"forcibly-removed")

Use --no-auto-install and later on call tlmgr with --reinstall-forcibly-removed

Best wishes

Norbert