[tex-live] fatal error in pdflatex after last update! [solved!]

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de
Tue Aug 25 17:48:52 CEST 2009

Hi Taco,

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 05:14:18PM +0200, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> I have added three trivial tex files to repository a moment ago:
>
>   supp-pdf.tex, supp-mis.tex, and supp-mpe.tex

It's not much of a problem to look for *.mkii in pdftex.def.
Are there plans to change the extension in future versions?
* If yes, then I would ignore *.mkii in pdftex.def and only
  using *.tex.
* If no, pdftex.def would look first for *.mkii, then for *.tex.

> The supp-pdf.tex was missing by accident, it was a new file
> created some time after the rename of the old file to supp-pdf.mkii
> and somehow never got into the ConTeXt distribution. The other two
> files Hans created just now for the benefit of pdftex.def.

Also CTAN holds the files, needed by pdftex.def:
  CTAN:macros/pdftex/graphics/
  Currently: supp-pdf.tex, supp-mis.tex, supp-mpe.tex

They are out of date now.

The following test files needs all three:

% process with:
% pdflatex "testmetafun.tex"
% metafun "testmetafun.mp"
% pdflatex "testmetafun.tex"
\documentclass{article}

\usepackage[pdftex]{graphicx}
\DeclareGraphicsRule{*}{mps}{*}{}
\LoadMetaPostSpecialExtensions

\usepackage{emp}
%\empprelude{input mp-spec} % if you use mpost, not metafun.

\begin{document}
\begin{empfile}

\begin{figure}
\begin{emp}(0,0)
  fill unitsquare scaled(72bp) withcolor 0.5;
  fill unitsquare scaled(72bp) shifted(36bp,36bp) withcolor transparent(1,0.5,red);
\end{emp}
\end{figure}

\end{empfile}
\end{document}