[tex-live] TeX Live 2009 for Fedora

Jindrich Novy jnovy at redhat.com
Thu Aug 20 19:49:26 CEST 2009

Hi Norbert,

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 06:33:26PM +0200, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Hi Jindrich,
>
> On Thu, 20 Aug 2009, Jindrich Novy wrote:
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/TeXLive
>
> How do you handle installation of
> 	texlive-scheme-*
> since the schemes are overlapping? AFAIR rpm does not allow sharing
> pf files?

Schemes and collections are generated as meta-packages, not really
shipping any files, but dependent on required collections and
packages. Here is a sample of scheme-context for example:

%package scheme-context
Version: %{tl_version}
Release: 13822%{?dist}
BuildArch: noarch
Requires: texlive = %{tl_version}
Requires: texlive-collection-context
Requires: texlive-collection-metapost
Requires: texlive-xetex
Requires: texlive-tex-gyre
Requires: texlive-antt
Requires: texlive-antp
Requires: texlive-iwona
Requires: texlive-kurier
Requires: texlive-lm
Provides: tex(context)

So even though collections and packages do overlap in schemes we have
no conflicts :) By installing a wider scheme only missing packages are
installed.

Jindrich

--
Jindrich Novy <jnovy at redhat.com>   http://people.redhat.com/jnovy/