[tex-live] configure bug WRT shell selection (was: libtool stuff)

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Aug 12 00:47:55 CEST 2009

    > > (Debian uses dash as /bin/sh since a couple of weeks ago).

Sorry, but I can't solve your dash and/or libtool problems for you.  If
you can propose a patch that cleanly solves it, by all means let me
know.  It sounds more like a libtool issue than anything in TL, that it
needs to check shell attributes at runtime or something.

As far as I can see, TL doesn't generate any libtool script; we just use
the libtool in the environment.  Peter B and I have used the latest GNU
releases for libtool and the autotools, installed directly from the
ftp.gnu.org sources.

If I'm wrong about this and there's some TL-specific issue, tell me.

    would be to remove the '$(SHELL)' from the recursive configure

No, that would be wrong.  The purpose of using $(SHELL) is to let users
have the final say on shell choices.  In any event, again those rules
are again generated by automake/autoconf, not TL.

Best,
karl