[tex-live] http://www.tug.org/texlive/pretest.html

Jim Diamond Jim.Diamond at acadiau.ca
Mon Aug 10 18:15:12 CEST 2009

Hi,

on that page it says
	You can either do a network installation of TL or mirror the
	whole directory:

Might I suggest that you note that if someone mirrors the whole
directory, they get many gigs of Mac-only files?  I only realized this
after d/l'ing for a while.  I'm guessing that 90-95% of TeX users
don't really want those files.

It also says
	When running pdftex (with PDF output), .eps files are
	automatically converted to PDF using the epstopdf package.
	The default options are intended to eliminate any chance of
	hand-created .pdf's being overwritten, but you can also
	prevent epstopdf  from being loaded at all by putting
	\newcommand{\DoNotLoadEpstopdf}{} before the \documentclass
	declaration.
Given that you say "pdftex" and not "pdflatex", I find it odd that it
then says latex-specific things.  Perhaps as one of the remaining three
plain TeX users I have a distorted viewpoint :-)
Do you know if
	\def\DoNotLoadEpstopdf{}
will work for us three?

Thanks.