[tex-live] Bug in texlive/texdoc?

Daniel Becker daniel.becker at uni-rostock.de
Mon Aug 10 12:50:15 CEST 2009

Hallo Rowland,

> texdoc nfss
>
> at the Terminal, and the following Web page opened:
>
> <file:///usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-doc/doc/polish/tex-virtual-academy
> -pl/fonty/nfss.html>

These polish pages show up way too often. In this case, the command

texdoc -s nfss

shows even more search results. (Using the -s option makes sense in
general, I think, because you are shown all results....) However, /usr/
local/texlive/2008//texmf-dist/source/latex/base/fntguide.tex is not
among them. I would consider this a misfunctionality of texdoc....

My guess (sorry) is that texdoc is more to find documentation about
packages, ie.

texdoc -s epspdf

The documentation of texdoc is found by typing only

texdoc

where you get further info about more docs.

Hope this helps a bit....

Daniel