[tex-live] dvipdfm(1) regression with TL 2009

Jukka Salmi j+tex-live at 2009.salmi.ch
Wed Aug 5 10:27:52 CEST 2009

Hello,

I just built TL binaries from svn trunk and installed a TL 2009 pretest
version on a NetBSD/i386 system.  With a LaTeX document which includes
several .eps graphics I'm seeing a regression with dvipdfm(1) (which is
actually dvipdfmx now IIUC): with TL 2008's (non-dvipdfmx) dvipdfm(1)
the resulting .pdf looks fine, but with TL 2009's dvipdfm(1) some
included graphics seem to be replaced by graphics which are shown
elsewhere in the same document.  The .dvi and .ps (generated by
dvips(1)) are fine, so it's definitely dvipdfm(1) which causes the
problem...

(Unfortunately I can't publish the document in question, but I could try
to reproduce the problem with a small example document if this might
help...)

While running, the new dvipdfm(1) prints

    ** WARNING ** << /Rotate 90 >> found. (Not supported yet)

twice.  Could this be the cause of the problem I'm seeing, and I should
not complain and just wait until this is supported?

Regards, Jukka

--
This email fills a much-needed gap in the archives.