[tex-live] PDF files cut off using a0poster with current texlive 2009 pretest

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 17:18:58 CEST 2009

2009/8/4 Robin Fairbairns <Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk>:
> i've a vague recollection of needing to tweak ghostscript not to use a
> distiller algorithm which determines what page orientation you _really_
> meant.
>
> i can't find the original reference, but prodding around in gs docs
> suggests that the recipe might have been
>
>  ps2pdf -dAutoRotatePages=/None <file>

Thanks for reading the docs, this is the right option.

> worth a try, if nothing else.  i don't seem to have any landscape docs
> lying around, to try it with, myself.
>
> page rotation is a tedious topic in pdftex, too.

That's one of the reasons why I wrote zwpagelayout.sty. It was tested
with latex+dvips -t unknown, with pdflatex and with xelatex. It can be
used together with hyperref but you should not use the papersize
option with hyperref. It's not yet fully PDF/X enabled, I will
implement other options whenever I have more time.

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/