[tex-live] better file layout for frankenstein bundle

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Wed Apr 29 01:07:30 CEST 2009

Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:

>     So it, probably, would be more appropriate to keep *.sty files in
>     the source/ subtree and rename *.stq files into *.sty. INSTALL file
>     of the bundle does suggest this kind of layout.
>
> I'm sad that it decided that .sty should not mean .sty.

iirc, i whinged about this when matt first submitted the stuff.  (i
don't think frankenstein's predecessor (monster) did things this way.)

i have an alumni address for matt, so perhaps i can get in touch with
him.  if i can find a moment, will try and persuade some sanity into him.

> I'll see what I can do.  Thanks for the heads-up.

the original .sty files do the job -- it's just that they're bigger.  i
would be inclined just not to do the step that takes you to the .stq,
and then overwrites the original .sty, at all.

it would seem sad to throw away the sources for distribution, after all.