[tex-live] [texlive] dviout requires locally installed folder

Christine Kremsmayr c.kremsmayr at gmx.net
Wed Apr 8 14:14:06 CEST 2009

I have changed the settings in dviout (Option --> Setup Parameters -->
Font). In the first input box I changed the string
to "C:\Dokumente und
Einstellungen\christine\.texlive2008\texmf-var\fonts;H:\PortableApps\TeXLive2008\texmf-var\fonts;H:\PortableApps\TeXLive2008\texmf-dist\fonts;H:\PortableApps\TeXLive2008\texmf\fonts"

Now it works fine.

That means to me: Either the TeXLive 2008 to a USB stick fails (because
TeXLive still requires a local folder C:\Dokumjente und
Einstellungen\christine\.texlive2008) or dviout has a tiny bug because
dviout still requires the local folder.

Please can anyone tell me what's wrong? And what can I do to get TeXLive
independant from this local folder?

best regards Christine