[tex-live] DTL (DVI Text Language): licence?

cfrees at imapmail.org cfrees at imapmail.org
Sun Sep 28 00:01:59 CEST 2008

On Sat 27th Sep, 2008 at 16:18, Karl Berry seems to have written:

>    Do you have a standard message or what is crucial to say?
>
> Every situation is different, so there is no canned message.  What's
> crucial to get across is simply that there is no licensing information,
> and we'd like to get some direction about whether it's intended to be free.

So somebody could respond to an email rather than reuploading to CTAN,
for example?

>    Is there a list of packages in TL which fall into this category
>
> Look at texlive.tlpdb and search for "license unknown" (no quotes).
>
>    (as opposed to the licence-genuinely-unknown-default-nonfree category)?
>
> I'm not sure what you mean, unless it is noinfo.  I see TL is up to 20
> noinfo packages now, due to Robin's work.  Those are actually the ones
> it would make sense to concentrate on first, as far as researching and
> contacting authors go.

I think that's what I meant - packages for which there is no
information in the package vs. packages which might contain the
information but where this isn't entered into the CTAN catalogue
metadata.

- cfr