[tex-live] should lh depend on ecrm?

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Thu Sep 25 17:03:32 CEST 2008

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008, Zdenek Wagner wrote:
> However, my question was whether the dependencies of individiual
> packages are stored somewhere in the TL svn repository.

No. They aren't. Mostly because most authors not even KNOW what their
packages depend on.

We TRY to put package in collections so that the dependencies are
fullfilled. So in your case both packages should be either in
collection-latexextra, or the one you are depending on in
collection-latexbase. But we do NOT introduce single package
dependencies.

IF someone (again volunteer question) steps forward to write some test
system that could give us a decent approximation we could *think* about
it, but until that time, no.

It worked out quite well till now. Consider the Debian packages where
collections are single packages, we got relatively few complains about
missing dependencies. Most of them we did resolve.

Hope I wasn't hopelessly unclear.

Best wishes

Norbert