[tex-live] Problem with TexLive installation

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Fri Sep 26 18:50:30 CEST 2008

David Rossell a écrit :
> Hello, I'm trying to install TexLive on a unix (MACHTYPE= ia64-suse-linux)
> and the installer script "install-tl" is returning an error and telling me
> to e-mail you guys at this address.

This is indeed the right thing to do.

> It seems that the script is looking for
> a file that does not exist (see the script output below).

It looks to me like we don't have ia64-linux binaries (?)... ia64 is
distinct from x86_64 (aka amd64), right?  If this is the problem, then
I'm afraid you have no other choice than building TL yourself or waiting
for your distro to provide TL'08.  Of course if you choose the first
option you're welcome to ask for more help here if needed and upload
your binaries afterwards so that everyone on ia64-linux can use them.

Manuel.