[tex-live] LZMA

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 10:41:27 CEST 2008

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 3:13 AM, Axel E. Retif <axel.retif at mac.com> wrote:
> On  24 Sep, 2008, at 19:38, Victor Ivrii wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 8:19 PM, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:
>>
>>>  There is a little problem with tug web-server and LZMA (at least for
>>>  Darwin): it tries to assign to it extension txt
>
> [...]
>>>
>>> What do you mean by "tries to assign to it extension txt"?  That your
>>> browser on darwin wanted to save something as foo.exe.txt?
>>
>> No, it is not true for everything but if I try to download darwin it
>> tries to save
>>

>> http://tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Master/tlpkg/installer/lzma/lzma.universal-darwin?revision=9317
>> it as
>> lzma.universal-darwin.txt
>> with no -x- permissions (not a big deal but could be confusing for some)
>
> The same ---confusing for me--- happened when I tried to download tlmgr.pl
> with Safari. Even if I deleted the extra .txt extension Safari added to the
> file, the script was useless.

No it was not useless: just run UNIX command

chmod a+x foo.pl

> I had to use wget (actually, CocoaWget
>
> http://en.cocoawget.nobody.jp/ )

These GUI lovers, command line haters! :-)

PS Mac is UNIX and on UNIX you can pipe simple commands to make a
chain where output of one commands becomes an input for the next

Possible confusion is exactly reason why I suggest to distribute even
standalone binaries enveloping them into zip

Victor