[tex-live] Problem updating with tlmgr

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Sep 23 02:34:08 CEST 2008

    But your log file below did show that bin-latex has NOT been updated.
    So why should that remove the link?

The problem is the known one that you have fixed and we are testing
right now.

That is, FYI Justin, our updates currently work by:

1) remove the package.
2) download the new version.
3) install the new version.
4) done.

If something goes wrong during 2) or 3), the package is gone.  Including
the pdflatex link in this case.

For instance, if the download switches mirrors, the other big problem
you have already solved and we are testing ...

    Did you install TL via our install package or via the MacTeX (or how it
    is called) installer?

I do not believe it has anything to do with MacTeX.  The result of a
MacTeX install is, inside the texlive tree, the same as our install.
All they include is a few other things to help Mac users outside the main
texlive tree.

karl