[tex-live] tlmgr --help

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Mon Sep 22 01:46:00 CEST 2008

Norbert Preining a écrit :
> On So, 21 Sep 2008, Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:
>> Actually, I don't feel comfortable either with --dry-run output being
>> different from the actual output. That's just not the way I'd expect it
>> to work. tlmgr gurus, any comment on this?
>
> Currently some output is generated from TLMedia->install_package and
> thus it cannot be the same output without actually installing stuff.
>
> With the safer_update.patch I have moved all the info("..") calls to the
> tlmgr program from TLMedia so it should be possible ... but only up to a
> point.

Ok, I see. That's precisely because I suspected something like this that
I was asking you :-)

> And then, isit important?

I'm sorry, but I think it is. Not seeing the same output from --dry-run
as from the real run can negatively impact the user's confidence in
tlmgr, and we should avoid that.

OTOH, it won't prevent me from sleeping if you tell me it's not possible
right now and will be possible only later.

Manuel.