[tex-live] TL: fancytooltips (again), schedule, yplan

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de
Wed Sep 17 23:46:16 CEST 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 10:14:41PM +0200, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:

> Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard writes:
>  > cfrees at imapmail.org a écrit :
>  > > I solved it by generating a pdf version myself but I'm curious about
>  > > the problem. If somebody could send me an md5 sum, I'd be grateful.
>  > >
>  > Here I can view the file correctly with xpdf, evince, and acroread 9.
>  > The file is reported OK by pdfinfo.
>
> The file had been created by Inkscape 0.44.1.  It's not compressed, so
> someone with more PDF experience (Heiko, Martin...) could check
> whether there is something unusual (not worth the effort if Inkscape
> 0.44.1 is ancient).

No, the file is a valid PDF file, nothing unusual.
(Of course there is a little place for optimizations:
* /ProcSet -> [/PDF]
* object 7 is not needed, the length could directly be used
  in object 6.
* some page stream operators could be optimized:
  one cm operation at the begin, one color setting, no save/restore
  pairs, ...
* Some whitspace can be removed.
But all that doesn't hurt validity.
)

> As far as I can judge, Inkscape produces nice output which can be
> debugged easily.

Yes.

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.d>