[tex-live] texdoc + AR9 on win32

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Sat Sep 13 12:55:51 CEST 2008

Reinhard Kotucha a écrit :
> This is very useful hint.

You're right. I remember interpreting it as "this problem is getting
more and more voodo" but of course your interpretation below is more
useful :-)

> And it is extremely helpful to find out whether kpse.set_program_name
> is the culprit.  Maybe it changes the environment.

I was thinking about that. kpse does indeed set envars. From a quick
test on my linux box,

engine=luatex
SELFAUTODIR=/home/mpg/tl/svn/Master/bin
SELFAUTOPARENT=/home/mpg/tl/svn/Master
SELFAUTOLOC=/home/mpg/tl/svn/Master/bin/x86_64-linux
progname=texlua

are new in the environment after kpse.set_program_name('texlua')

However, we will have to understand why calling kpse in the program
itselft never hurts, while calling it in the wrapper hurts (and only if
the wrapper calls the program using os.spawn()) if we ant to explain the
problem from the environment. Anyway, I think it's worth exploring this
idea, it can indeed learn us interesting things.

> I'm quite convinced that there is something wrong with luatex.

So am I. But Hans being unable to reproduce the problem on his box
really doesn't help.

Manuel.