[tex-live] tlmgr: permissions on /tmp/texlive.tlpdb.lzma

cfrees at imapmail.org cfrees at imapmail.org
Fri Sep 12 22:31:24 CEST 2008

On Fri 12th Sep, 2008 at 15:22, Karl Berry seems to have written:

>    What role does /tmp/texlive.tlpdb.lzma play?
>
> We download the compressed version, then unpack it and put it in the
> texmf hierarchy.

Except that texlive.tlpdb can also end up in /tmp. Specifically, I have:
 	/tmp/texlive.tlpdb
 	/tmp/texlive.tlpdb.lzma
 	/usr/local/texlive/2008/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb
All are owned by root:wheel with 0644 permissions. The copies of
texlive.tlpdb in /tmp and in .../tlpkg differ. The version in /tmp
appears to be newer than the version in the texlive tree - revision
8538 vs. 8535.

- cfr