[tex-live] [OS X TeX] TeXLive-2008 and the diminished dingbat package

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 20:12:16 CEST 2008

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 1:45 PM, Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> wrote:

> On Mo, 08 Sep 2008, Axel E. Retif wrote:
>> I think the problem is that in TL 2008 ark10.mf was misplaced in the
>> doc section (also dingbat.mf):
>
> Hi Manuel and Karl,
>
> ctan2tl fixes that but puts the files into .../latex/... instead of
> .../fonts/... (but in the right places). I guess there is a simple
> ctan2tds MAKE* function that should fix that. So that should son be
> fixed.

Note the two dingbat.mf files:

/usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/doc/fonts/dingbat/dingbat.mf
/usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/fonts/source/public/niceframe/dingbat.mf

I suspect the OP's problem is due to some glyphs not present in the
niceframe version, but haven't had time to verify this.  Once again, TL
testing time correlated with hardware problems -- I recall that happening
in past years as well.

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia