[tex-live] pax (was: TeXLive Manager (numbers))

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de
Mon Sep 8 04:48:29 CEST 2008

On Sun, Sep 07, 2008 at 06:38:35PM -0500, Karl Berry wrote:

>     does tl hold java programs at all?

> Of course could do the same for pax, but it was more complex than I
> could deal with at the end of the release cycle.  We could conceivably
> work on including it now, especially if Heiko wants it to happen.  H?

Yes, I am interested.
* The issue, how to include Java programs in TL
  would be solved in the process.
* And I am interested, how to deal with third party dependecies:

> Although since it needs PDFBox,

> (We'd also have to figure out the wrapper
> script to make it relocatable; I think that could be done, with enough
> work.  It's always a matter of time.)

Now it's the best time, no time pressure at all (see above).

I doubt that you can convince people to port the Java world
to texlua. ;-)

Yours sincererly
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>