[tex-live] pax (was: TeXLive Manager (numbers))

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de
Mon Sep 8 04:36:16 CEST 2008

On Mon, Sep 08, 2008 at 01:04:17AM +0100, Dr. Clea F. Rees wrote:

> If pax actually involves an executable by that name it will conflict
> with the BSD utility by that name. In the case of MacTeX,  at least,
> it would take precedence over that utility due to the way MacTeX alters
> PATH etc.

I don't provide a binary, just the .jar file and the LaTeX package.
In README I recommend a wrapper script for the Java call.
However I don't know a good name. Suggestions?
I don't mind a longer unambiguous name.

My suggestion would be "PDFAnnotExtractor" (after the main
source file).

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>