[tex-live] texdoc error

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Sun Sep 7 12:27:50 CEST 2008

Reinhard Kotucha a écrit :
> I fear you missed the point.  It's horribly annoying that you always
> only cite one line from a mail message and draw any conclusions from it.

I'm sorry, but I think Karl said it was not only about you...

> Please read the whole message.

And the whole thread. Some messages were half-jokes, some weren't. Anyway.

> I said:
>  > There is no texdoc or any other TeX Live related script involved. Phil
>  > just double-clicked on a PDF-file in the Widows Exploder.  This
>  > example clearly proves that Windows is completely broken.
>
> There is no nagging about Windows.  I just said that there is a bug.
> And I said that you can't make texdoc responsible for it because it's
> not involved.

I'm not so sure about it. Since obviously Phil tried this in the middle
of a texdoc+AR9 debugging session, you can reasonably assume that AR
remembered that a few minutes ago it was asked to open file A, but
couldn't since it crashed, and then when it opens file B, it also opens
file A because it previously stopped just in the middle of opening it.

I don't say this is for sure what happens, I just say that we can
imagine a somehow rational explanation.

Anyway, there's probably something at least half-wrong with AR9, but we
can't just ignore the fact that it is so reliably triggered by texdoc,
 or in fact by any two texlua scripts using os.spawn()...

Manuel.