[tex-live] More on multiple minuses

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Fri Sep 5 13:57:43 CEST 2008

Martin Schröder wrote:

> May we have a texlive-windows mailing list, please? ;-)

Ooh, yes please : a list where there is just
one standard, where everyone does things the
Microsoft way, where there is none of this nonsense
about different libraries, static v. dynamic
linking, the million and one tiny-but-crucial
differences between each and every implementation
of Un*x, where there is exactly one LZMA unmangler
rather than 14 [1] (and which we wouldn't need anyway,
because we all use ZIP compression), where TLMGR
means the same as "tlmgr", where logic and sanity
prevail and where no-one gives a d at mn whether
a package has "the right licence" ...

Oh joy, oh bliss : YES PLEASE !!!

** Phil.
--------