[tex-live] TL-Announce ?

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Fri Sep 5 01:58:56 CEST 2008

Karl Berry wrote:
>     Dear Colleagues -- Is there a (presumably low-volume) TL-Announce
>     list on which changes to the TeX Live kit at CTAN is announced ?
>
> No.  We will be updating packages more or less continuously, so it would
> not be low-volume (and would be a major headache to do).

OK, all other points noted, but let me respond
to this one.  Do you not think that those who
have installed TeX Live 2008 (the same is true
for all earlier versions, but let's deal with
futures rather than the past) would like to
know whenever a component that they have
installed has been updated ?  I can understand
(and accept) that at the granularity of
individual files the overheads would be
excessive, but TeX Live isn't really a
file-based system.  Would it not be possible
to announce updates at the granularity of
schemes and collections ?

** Phil.