[tex-live] texdoc error

Fengnan Gao fnsteed at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 1 11:15:43 CEST 2008

From: "Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd)" <P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Sent: Monday, September 01, 2008 4:39 PM
To: "Fengnan Gao" <fnsteed at hotmail.com>
Cc: <tex-live at tug.org>
Subject: Re: [tex-live] texdoc error

> Agreed : launching the file directly does /not/
> induce the problem.  The TeXdoc interface would
> seem to lie at the heart of this, rather than
> the specific version of Acrobat.

When I use other pdf viewers, there is no problem and if
I keep a Acrobat window open, there would be no problem.
So I would rather believe it is not texdoc's fault, but I
still don't get it, how that can happen?

> Incidentally, while testing, I double-clicked
> on "minitoc.pdf", and not only it but "t-lilypond.pdf"
> opened : "lilypond.pdf" is not even in the same
> directory ...

Hmm, it happened once before to me, but it has nothing to
do with texdoc, it must be minitoc.pdf.

> Furthermore, "TeXdoc t-lilypond" provokes the
> same error (with AR 8.1) as does "TeXdoc minitoc".

As a matter of fact, I think when you type
    texdoc whatever
if there exists a documentation for that "whatever" a error
box would pop up.

Cheers;

  Fengnan <fnsteed at hotmail.com>