[tex-live] install-tl: fall back to lzma binaries in $PATH

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Oct 31 23:22:37 CET 2008

Hi Jukka,

    what about changing install-tl to search for lzma binaries in $PATH

Thanks, but I don't think it's a good idea because random versions of
lzma will likely fail in mysterious ways, due to changes in the format
and bugs in the utilities.  (Which is not the case for wget.)

It seems to me the best thing to do is get the netbsd support into the
distribution instead of trying to work around it.  Can we do that?

Best,
karl