[tex-live] minor problems with install-tl

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 23:43:12 CET 2008

2008/10/30 Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de>:
> Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd) writes:
>
>  > I agree with much of what you say, Reinhard, but I also
>  > hope that one day the whole world will move on to a system
>  > in which animals are treated humanely at all times,
>  > [...]
>
>  > but the sight (and sound) of the dog being picked up by iron tongs
>  > and then dropped into a hole just made me sick beyond belief.  And
>  > a more recent program on the Dong people of China was all very
>  > interesting until the point where Hundefleisch was mentioned, at
>  > which point I had to switch off (I shall never know how the program
>  > ended).
>
> Phil, I recently read a few books about the Vietnam War.  It wasn't
> funny at all.  And I hope that everybody in the world learns enough
> about the dark side of German history at school.  It's not funny
> either.

Under communism Vietnamese students had chance to study in
Czechoslovakia and due to war most of them were older than us. And
they spent one year learning Czech. I had an opportunity to talk to
one of them who was tortured in a tiger cage but he had luck, he
survived with both arms and legs and even with all fingers. If you
haven`t heard about tiger cages, look at
http://www.historiansagainstwar.org/resources/torture/luce.html but
what he told us was much worse than written in this page.

> But the biggest mistake you can do is to close your eyes if things are
> displeasing.  Almost every evil in the world had been possible because
> too many people looked away.
>
> Regards,
>  Reinhard
>
> --
> Reinhard Kotucha                                      Phone: +49-511-3373112
> Marschnerstr. 25
> D-30167 Hannover                              mailto:reinhard.kotucha at web.de
> Microsoft isn't the answer. Microsoft is the question, and the answer is NO.

Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz