[tex-live] build failure in texk/web2c/xetexdir

Werner LEMBERG wl at gnu.org
Wed Oct 29 09:19:45 CET 2008

> Problem found: /usr/pkg/include contains FreeType 1.5 headers and is
> specified on the $(CC) command as a -I directory before $(FTFLAGS)
> (which is -I../../../texk/web2c/../../libs/freetype2/include above).
> Not sure how to fix this correctly (besides removing the FT 1.5 headers
> from /usr/pkg/include and falling back to those shipped with TL...).

Hmm.  Almost all header files of FreeType 2 contain the following code
to abort if FreeType 1 has been loaded previously:

  #ifdef FREETYPE_H
  #error "freetype.h of FreeType 1 has been loaded!"
  #error "Please fix the directory search order for header files"
  #error "so that freetype.h of FreeType 2 is found first."
  #endif

I wonder why you haven't seen this message.

    Werner