[tex-live] minor typo in tlmgr output, and broken file links

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Wed Oct 22 22:00:09 CEST 2008

Nelson H. F. Beebe writes:
 > Last night, I ran tlmgr to update our TeX Live 2008 tree, using our
 > local CTAN mirror as the default data source.  This morning, I got a
 > report from a nightly cron job that reported two new broken symlinks
 > in the newly-updated TeX Live tree:
 >
 >     ./texlive-2008-08/texmf-dist/doc/latex/marvosym/mac/README: No such file or directory
 >     ./texlive-2008-08/texmf-dist/doc/latex/marvosym/vtex/README: No such file or directory

Hi Nelson,
in the repository the readme files are in

  texmf-dist/doc/fonts/marvosym
                 ^^^^^

and there is only one README in the marvosym directory but none in the
{mac,vtex} subdirs.  texlive.tlpdb also looks correct (in the repository).

 > These README files are broken links to readme.txt and install.txt
 > respectively.

There should be no symlinks in the texmf trees any more because
they get lost on Windows.  And according to the output of find -type l
there are indeed no symlinks in texmf trees any more.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25