[tex-live] Install Texlive 2008 "The Pirate Bay" website --- uncompressed

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 12:19:19 CEST 2008

2008/10/8 Patrice Dumas <pertusus at free.fr>:
> On Wed, Oct 08, 2008 at 11:29:11AM +0200, Zdenek Wagner wrote:
>> >
>> No, this is NOT censorship. Censorship means that we refuse someone
>> else's rights but no one here wrote that pornographic industry has no
>> right for advertisement. But people must NEVER be forced to accept any
>> advertisement. If you consider this as censorship, then all antispam
>
> I agree. But here the question is not ads or no ads, but which ad.
> I would also prefer no ad, but if there is, discriminating against
> specific ads is censorship.

No, there is no law saying that everybody strictly MUST ACCEPT
everything which is offered. Someone offers you free hosting for
torrents but wants to put ads to your product. you then decide whether
you want to put your torrent to that particular service. It is not
discrimination, it is business agreement. There is no law forcing you
to put your SW to all servers that offer you to do it, you have right
to select. At least I believe that declaratin of human rights entitles
me with such rights and does not force me to accept pornographic
advertisement connected to my products which should be available also
for children.

>> filters are censorship and must be forbidden. Do you still think that
>> you must read every byte that comes through your computer, otherwise
>> it is censorship?
>
> No. But this is not the right analogy.

It is the same. You discriminates authors of some mail messages to
enter into your brain just because you do not like it.

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/