[tex-live] Install Texlive 2008 "The Pirate Bay" website --- uncompressed

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Tue Oct 7 09:37:36 CEST 2008

On Tue, Oct 07, 2008 at 09:26:21AM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
> "Martin Schröder" <martin at oneiros.de> writes:
>
> > 2008/10/7 Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de>:
> >> IMO the situation is not acceptable.
> >
> > I find censorship not acceptable.
>
> It is not censorship to select advertisements (and their prices)
> according to the tolerance level of your customers and the interests of
> the customers.  That's just the market at work.

And how can you say what advertisement suits texlive potential users? If
the advertisement restrict the userbase for a legal reason, then it make
sense to change advertisements, but otherwise I see no reason for
discrimination, since free software is also based on non-discrimination
among uses.

--
Pat