[tex-live] Bullet points missing in xetex

Grzegorz Murzynowski natror at o2.pl
Mon Oct 6 19:13:20 CEST 2008

Edd Barrett pisze:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 11:12 AM, Morten Høgholm
> <morten.hoegholm at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 11:52 AM, Edd Barrett <vext01 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> pdflatex = bullet points present.
>>> xelatex = no bullets atall.
>>>
>>> Can someone let me know if this happens on their install.
>> Same here, gmutils (loaded by gmverb) seems to interfere, specifically the line
>>  \@ifXeTeX{\chardef\textbullet="2022 }{\def\textbullet{$\bullet$}}
>>
>> Proven by the sample document
>>
>> \documentclass{article}
>> \chardef\textbullet="2022
>> \begin{document}
>> \begin{itemize}
>> \item test
>> \item 123
>> \end{itemize}
>> \end{document}

Thanks for the bug report. I added \iffontchar so that the existence of
bullet is checked and math bullet used if the former not found.

I have just uploaded a new version of gmutils to CTAN.

BTW, the ancient xparse © 1999 present in TL2007-13 (Ubuntu package)
collides with xkeyval, namely: that ancient xparse uses \KV at def not
provided by (x)keyval.

So I rewrote xparse (te command declared with \DeclareDocumentCommand
made \protected) and included it into gmutils.

Regards,
Grzegorz.