[tex-live] tlmgr testing

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Oct 5 00:49:49 CEST 2008

    1) newalg was really removed (change of tlmgr behavior)

It is a desirable and intended change.

    3) gene-logic which belongs if I understand correct to
    collection-science had  not been installed

If a collection is not installed, tlmgr will not install new packages in
that collection.  I see no rational alternative -- it can't read your
mind about what packages you want.  If you want everything, install
everything.  That is always my recommendation.

If you *did* have collection-science installed, then gene-logic should
have been installed by tlmgr update --all.

karl