[tex-live] tlmgr testing

Andreas Hirsch afj at gmx.org
Fri Oct 3 18:19:18 CEST 2008

quoting Norbert Preining, [03.10.2008 14:45 +0200]:
> On Fr, 03 Okt 2008, Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd) wrote:
>>> Well, the message may be confusing. The file is
>>>
>>> c:\path\ot\texlive\tlpkg\installer\updater.bat
>> OK, that should definitely be clarified (changed) before
>> this version of TLMGR is released to the great unwashed.
>
> Already fixed, it echos the full path.
>
>>> and usually, a shortcut to this file is created on your desktop for your
>>> convenience.
>> Please leave my desktop alone :-)
>
> Some want it, some not. We put it on the desktop otherwise nobody will
> ever find / remember it.

It's a good idea. Every step towards the 'simple computer user' will
raise the chance that TeX ist used. Your work and the work of Christian
Schenk have caused that much more pupils than in the past could be
convinced to use TeX.

We have to accept that todays user does not know anything about his
computer ;-)

Andreas

--
'Auch mit Steinen, die Dir in den Weg gelegt werden,
kannst Du etwas Schönes bauen.'