[tex-live] Read-only files and other oddities

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Thu Oct 2 20:02:38 CEST 2008

After about 72 hours of continuous tries, I finally
succeeded in performing a minimal TeX install on
this system (from Cambridge); I then tried to replicate
this from a local DVD, and it hung at Infra.Win32.
I then deleted the target directory and noted the
files that would not delete automatically : these
were :

	Moreverb.inst
	Xfrac.dtx
	READ.ME
	Vertex.doc
	README

(Sorry, can't say in which directories).

Despite emptying F:/TeX/Live/2008, the attempt
to install from DVD is still hanging at
Infra.Win32.  More experiments needed, but comments
on the read-only files would be appreciated.

** Phil.