[tex-live] Install from TLNET mirror on DVD failed

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Wed Oct 1 15:41:10 CEST 2008

Dear Colleagues -- Pursuing Wolfgang Fleischer's
proposal (and Manuel Pegourier-Gonnard's support
for) installing from a mirror of /TLNET/2008,
I used Rsync to update my local copy and burned
a DVD.  I then appended G:\Install-TL to my path
(G: is the DVD drive) and launched it with

	Install-TL --location G:\

where G:\ contains (among other things)

	archive (directory)
	install-tl (directory)

		and

	tlpkg (directory)

All went well until the CMD window displayed the
last of the "z" modules, at which point the installation
hung.  Windows said PERL was the culprit.

Is there any possibility that Install-TL.bat
cannot be launched direct from a read-only device
such as a DVD, or is there any other obvious
reason why the installation may have hung at
this point ?

** Phil.