[tex-live] [Fwd: Re: Could LZMA compression be combined with SFX format ?]

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 15:27:22 CEST 2008

2008/10/1 Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard <mpg at elzevir.fr>:

> OTOH, if you have serious hints about how to make a point-and-click
> network install (just skipping the step "unzipping install-tl.zip and
> findind install-tl.bat inside" and going straight to "running
> install-tl.bat", I'd be interested to hear about it. (I agree with you
> that there are little (from a power user's point of view) points that
> can greatly change the ease of use for an average user and that we
> should try to improve there.)

I am not a Windows expert but  know that there are some free tools for
making Windows installers. It would thus be possible to make setup.exe
that will put to the local HD the contents of install-tl.zip and start
install-tl.bat. Making such a setup.exe should not be difficult if you
find the right tool.

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/