[tex-live] Could LZMA compression be combined with SFX format ?

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 12:23:36 CEST 2008

2008/10/1 Philip TAYLOR <P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk>:

> I don't know what the typical installation time is
> for a full network install, but my experiments here
> with a 3Mb download speed have suggested that it is
> not feasible for use during (say) a half-day visit
> to a friend or colleague.  For such situations I
> would want to take a DVD with me.

On broadband (in our institute) on a linux computer with two quad core
processors: 9 minutes
At home over 2Mb ADSL on a linux computer with one dual core
processor: about 2 hours (I have just left it running during dinner so
I do not know exactly).

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/