[tex-live] Could LZMA compression be combined with SFX format ?

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Wed Oct 1 11:09:36 CEST 2008

I can definitely confirm that LZMA  compression
has been used, and that 7-Zip can see inside the file,
bypassing its self-extracting facilities.  Here is
the output from 7-Zip "list" command with full
technical details :

> F:\TeX\Live\2008\ISO\SFX>7z l -slt first-try.lzma.exe
>
> 7-Zip  4.60 beta  Copyright (c) 1999-2008 Igor Pavlov  2008-08-19
>
> Listing archive: First-try.lzma.exe
>
> Method = LZMA
> Solid = -
> Blocks = 1
> Physical Size = 1264728458
> Headers Size = 152
> Offset = 138752
> ----------
>
> Path = texlive2008-20080822.iso
> Size = 2617149440
> Packed Size = 1264728306
> Modified = 2008-09-30 14:53:36
> Attributes = ....A
> CRC = 340E9D26
> Encrypted = -
> Method = LZMA:24
> Block = 0
>

> F:\TeX\Live\2008\ISO\SFX>

What we therefore need is for one or more Unix users to
test-unpack the same file using 7-Zip under Unix.

** Phil.
--------