[tex-live] [OS X TeX] pdftricks and Texlive 2008 ?

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Mon Nov 24 09:09:28 CET 2008

Daniel Becker <daniel.becker at uni-rostock.de> wrote:

> Hm - dropping pdftricks altogether is going to confuse a lot of users,
> I think. Isn't pdftricks the most common way to use pstricks together
> with pdflatex as it doesn't need a special sequence of commands?
>
> http://tug.org/PSTricks/main.cgi?file=pdf/pdfoutput

which lists pdftricks well down its list, and starts its description

  Another more elegant way, but much more difficult is to use the
  pdftricks package.

though i admit it does list a ctan location for the package...  (after
sarovar.org)

the page actually recommends pst-pdf:

  The best solution is to use the package pst-pdf which itself needs the
  newest preview package, available from CTAN.

since i've never used pstricks "in anger", i really have no actual
opinion about the issue.

robin